Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

why dont i see AttractMode anywere?

punktoe

I dont see AtracctMode on the front end polls ,or any were in topic on this site im amazed

because it is so sharp of an fronted for arcade cabinets .  maybe just ha-sent caught on because of leaning curve..?

what do you think....thanks

I'm setting it up currently on an OS X system, and it's working pretty well, nice since there are basically no other modern frontends that run on OS X…

Plus it's open source. I like the idea if the developer decides to abandon the project someone else might eventually fork it. That just happened with emulation station a few months ago.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I used in my bartop attract mode with rasberry pi2, when i see how a cheap hardware can move one thing with weels, videos, effects,like hiperspin  i cant believe.  Its the best alternative for emulationstation in raspberry and the best i think for hiperspin, but is really new and have very small amount of info.

• 2 weeks later...

The latest update of Launchbox 6.8 is now suppose to include attractmode  as an option on their FE. I haven't tried it yet though so I don't know much about it but I will check it out.

• 3 months later...

Attract mode feels stuck in the past competing with Hyperspin. Hyperspin defined arcade frontends for a decade. It was pretty but archaic and took forever to setup and build. But now we have frontends like Launchbox/Bigbox which are fucking gorgeous and take almost no time  to setup or learn. Basically, Attract Mode looks good but feels Archaic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/08/2016 at 11:09 AM, SamSC said:

The latest update of Launchbox 6.8 is now suppose to include attractmode  as an option on their FE. I haven't tried it yet though so I don't know much about it but I will check it out.

Sure. Depend on the skin there are views by default that use it.

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 6:12 PM, DMJohn0X said:

Attract mode feels stuck in the past competing with Hyperspin. Hyperspin defined arcade frontends for a decade. It was pretty but archaic and took forever to setup and build. But now we have frontends like Launchbox/Bigbox which are fucking gorgeous and take almost no time  to setup or learn. Basically, Attract Mode looks good but feels Archaic.

Attractmode deserves a LOT more credit and is also very actively being developed. I really like Launchbox too but if you change the layout/theme with attractmode, (and there are many to choose from) it looks WAY better than hyperspin, runs faster, can be used in 16x9 resolution natively, is available in Linux, Mac, Windows, Raspberry Pi, etc. and is relatively easy to set up. If you do a simple search for attractmode with google or youtube, you'll find that a lot of people are using the simple/basic hyperspin-looking themes with it and that's probably because they wanted something that looks like hyperspin but in 16x9 resolution. However, the other themes available for attractmode look extremely nice and run super smooth :)

• 2 weeks later...

AttractMode is a front end and pretty good for a very streamlined set in stone setup on lower end hardware. Managing a games collection with it is a pain in the ass though so you don't want to be adding and removing games, that is why I said if your game selection is set in stone.

• 2 months later...

I thought everytime AttractMode was mentioned they were talking about the feature in BigBox.  Now this is a frontend worth investigating, with it supporting HyperSpin themes and it being open-source

• 1 month later...

Attract Mode certainly doesn't get the publicity it deserves.

BTW the Emulation World definitely misses an updated (mid '17) front-end comparison/review/guide.

• 7 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:24 AM, Coleman said:

Going to setup attract mode as my next project once i finish with HyperSpin. 

Hoping i can see good performance regardless of the setup process :/

You should be rather satisfied with its performance. Compared with HyperSpin, AttractMode runs a lot more smoothly and is a lot more flexible with themes/layouts. Once I figured out how to properly use AttractMode, I stopped using HyperSpin almost instantly :)

On 12/22/2017 at 10:05 PM, Don said:

You should be rather satisfied with its performance. Compared with HyperSpin, AttractMode runs a lot more smoothly and is a lot more flexible with themes/layouts. Once I figured out how to properly use AttractMode, I stopped using HyperSpin almost instantly :)

Good to know.

I am setting up HyperSpin because i am dissapointed with LaunchBox performance...
I am happy to go through the setup though because it allows me to get RocketLauncher setup effectively also.
I assume that AttractMode will allow me to use RocketLauncher?

3 hours ago, Coleman said:

Good to know.

I am setting up HyperSpin because i am dissapointed with LaunchBox performance...
I am happy to go through the setup though because it allows me to get RocketLauncher setup effectively also.
I assume that AttractMode will allow me to use RocketLauncher?

Absolutely! RocketLauncher works just the same as it does with HyperSpin, LaunchBox, and other frontends

Archived