Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Video Discussion: RetroFE - Best NEW Front End out there?

SIMPLYAUSTIN

I know, but I don't control the front page, and Emb's busy with life, the universe, and everything. I may need to put up a separate website sometime, and properly fork development.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phulshof said:

I know, but I don't control the front page, and Emb's busy with life, the universe, and everything. I may need to put up a separate website sometime, and properly fork development.

When you'll finish the new website, maybe you'll put a link here? As Don said, I only found 2015 versions on the website..

And to be honest, very good FE!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xen1290 said:

When you'll finish the new website, maybe you'll put a link here? As Don said, I only found 2015 versions on the website..

And to be honest, very good FE!

Thank you. :) Since Emb's busy we're updating this from the forums; you can always find the latest builds there.

1 minute ago, phulshof said:

Thank you. :) Since Emb's busy we're updating this from the forums; you can always find the latest builds there.

Thank you for the information! I will take a look.

The rest will take me some more time due to many missing files. The list so far:

- Amstrad GX4000
- Arcade (MAME)
- Atari 5200
- Atari 7800
- Capcom Play System I
- Capcom Play System II
- Capcom Play System III
- Cave
- ColecoVision
- GCE Vectrex
- NEC TurboGrafx-16
- NEC SuperGrafx
- NEC PC Engine
- Nintendo Entertainment System
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Virtual Boy
- Nintendo Game Boy
- Nintendo Game Boy Color
- Sega SG-1000
- Sega Master System
- Sega Genesis
- Sega 32X
- Sega Game Gear
- SNK Neo Geo MVS

Of course you can add any system you like; these are just the ones that are (practically) complete.

After several attempts I haven't been able to log in to the ftp. How about hosting the retrofe files on mega or another similar website?

I think it will improve shortly, but given permission I'd have no problem hosting this in more locations. Most of the material is HS and EM work though, so unless I get permission...

I figured out the problem, I need to repackage the download, its currently 58k files totaling 40gb, it needs to be put in archives, I should have looked more closely.  I may have to take the FTP offline to fix it, then things should get somewhat back to normal.  It's 3:30am here and I need a little sleep, but I will fix it in the morning after a cup of coffee. 

EDIT: Actually taking the Retro FE set offline for a couple hours so I can just fix it.  Sorry about that. 

• Like 1

Well it's honestly that or break the FTP. Not sure how familiar you are with it, whereas sync is designed to handle that, in most cases a 1k file takes as long to download as a 1mb file. Currently a user has to make 58k connections to download the pack. Tiny files and artwork pretty much chokes the system. I have a rough game plan for the morning but if you have thoughts please pm me. Thinking just multi part the collections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The set is available again at /Official/Retro FE Media Pack 1.0/. The collections have all been rar-ed, so you'll have to unpack them before you can use them. This way the download will be much faster. :)

• Like 1

The latest builds are always on the forums, but of course only contain a basic setup, and not the tons of art found on EmuMovies. It's fully featured though, and F/OSS so feel free to play around with it.

• Like 1