Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

EmuMovies Front End Poll '16

Circo

Which Front Ends Do You Use  

1,257 members have voted

1. 1. Choose all that you use (Multiple Choice)

• emuControlCenter
    • GameEx
    • HyperSpin
    • LaunchBox
    • Mala
    • mGalaxy
    • Retro FE
    • Rom Collection Browser (Kodi)
    • AttractMode
    • RetroPi
    • Maximus Arcade

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Sir Cyrano said:

I don't understand Why Hyperspin is over 50%. HyperSpin Project is dead since 2012. So far 4 years

They had a software release last year

Looks like you've been in this game for years Circo. Whats your frontend of choice? I've been using hyperspin, but possibly I was naive to emulation/frontend world - Saw hyperspin and ran with it without seeing what else was around.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:38 AM, emilianoi said:

hyperspin on pc  and gamsome on android

Not too excited about hyperspin anymore but I agree that gamesome for android is very nice. It's come a very long way since it was introduced (a couple years ago) and the author of the program responds to feedback in a very timely manner

Also, please update this poll. Attractmode and LaunchBox are not included and they are WAY better than most of the options on this poll :)

I'm still using Hyperspin but have been playing around with Launchbox lately. Launchbox looks nice, however it really lack the customization that Hyperspin offers and is heavily dependent on cover art. Not to mention it keeps changing all the time.

I may look into RetroFE as well. If they came up with a theme editor, that FE might be the new king. Then again, I hear rumors that a new version of Hyperspin might be here soon so who knows.

I'm just going to focus on finalizing all my systems and getting them to run properly for now.

56 minutes ago, robthedude said:

just about to start tinkering with launchbox

You won't regret it. It's very clean, relatively easy to set up, and the frontend is constantly evolving and improving (literally) on a daily basis :)

I tried Launchbox, and GameEx, both are great choices, but HyperSpin is so clean and visual if done right... I'd say it tops them all right now, if you know what you are doing.

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:00 AM, Sir Cyrano said:

I don't understand Why Hyperspin is over 50%. HyperSpin Project is dead since 2012. So far 4 years

It all comes down to personal preference of course, but my guess is that most of those users have been using Hyperspin for so long that they have become "stuck" with it and aren't really willing to try any of the other frontends out there for that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" reason. However, as a long-time Hyperspin user, I'm really happy that I (finally) moved on to some of the newer frontends out there. Hyperspin will surely stay on my computer and I'll check for updates every now and then, but most of the updates in the past few years have been relatively minor and not much to get too excited about, including the one that happened just a few days ago 

For the last 2 weeks since my last post I've been really working on Lunchbox  and I'm really liking it. I think this will become my new front end.

Hyperspin is supposed to be under new development so I'll see what they come up with. In the meantime it's all Launchbox for me now.

Unfortunately I can't go back and change my vote.

• 2 weeks later...

Launchbox for sure - I have looked at most & this has everything I'm looking for & it's constantly being improved.

Not to mention it's Bigbox integration into Kodi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

im old Hyperspin user , its take me a year to understand and rename all of my rom and make everything work with profile of controller etc

its was really painful at start and to be honest I was config it 99% of my time and just got chance 1% to start playing in it ^^;

after that I start move into lunchbox its a life change for me didn't need much to read or learn in youtube just few step with so simple and useful frontend , Jason is one of the awesome developer I have ever seen , he so active in live season and work in fix every bug live.

I dont think I will back to hyperspin, launchbox/bigbox make me really be happy to leave my controller to anyone of my family to try it and enjoy no more error or crash or this system is not working propley yet :P

My Vote will be for lunchbox , and a thanks kiss will go to hyperspin its was my start in this frontend addicted world ^_^

100% Launchbox, used to use HS but is way to glitchy, messy and complicated to maintain.  Launchbox just keeps getting better on almost a daily basis and will easily surpass Hyperspin's current default standard.

Hyperspin deserves a spot in the front end hall of fame but Launchbox is taking over.
About a year or so ago I spent about a month learning and setting up Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher and absolutely hated how everything had to have matching names and you manually had to find and place artwork in the right folders. Then if you wanted to add or remove a game you had to regenerate xml files.
After finally having Hyperspin in a fairly usable state I found Launchbox and it was so simple and for my tastes just looked better, sleek and slim. Adding new games and removing them is effortless. I ditched Hyperspin in a second and haven't looked back, so glad I have made this decision.
Hyperspin had its day and it was great but that day has passed without a massive rework.
Much respect to Hyperspin and its community but I see more and more ex Hypersin users on the Launchbox forums every day. The shift is happening.

I have been a huge fan of Hyperspin, but I am finding myself turning to Launchbox. It has a beautiful interface and it is so simple to set up. They are constantly adding new features, and it integrates perfectly with EmuMovies.

I feel like this poll should be restarted given how much steam Launchbox has picked up in the last few months. A lot of us voted for a different front end back in March or April and have made the switch recently. At least we should be given the option to change our vote. Clicking on voting options and voting for something else does not change the vote count.

Love Hyperspin for its look and its community, but man... Launchbox has been a joy to use, and it gets updated constantly, and getting better and better. The couple of themes that have already appeared have been great looking.

Archived