File Name: Xpadder Plugin 1.0.5
File Submitter: Adultery
File Submitted: 23 Jun 2012
File Updated: 19 Jul 2012
File Category: Game-Ex Plugins
What is it?
It's an Xpadder plugin for GameEx, silly!
Seamlessly integrate Xpadder with GameEx with just a few simple clicks.
Set the path to your Xpadder.exe, select your emulators from the drop down list, then set up your controller profiles. When GameEx runs the emulator you select, the magic happens in the background. No need to worry about .bat files or messy LaunchBefore/LaunchAfter commands. Say farewell to blank Xpadder profiles!
This plugin handles the launching, the closing, and the profile switching quickly and easily without the hassle. If you use Xpadder, you'll love it!
/end sales pitch
How do I use it?
It's simple really. Here's the rundown:
- Create your Xpadder profiles, or use your existing ones.
- Unzip the PLUGINS folder to your GameEx directory.
- Launch the Plugin Manager from your GameEx start menu folder.
- Point the plugin at Xpadder.exe
- Select the emulator (or GameEx interface) from the drop-down list.
- Browse to your Xpadder profiles.
- Click "SAVE"
- Play your games!
Wow that's super easy! What if I find a bug?
Report it here!
Any questions? Ask away. I really feel like this is as good as native Xpadder support can get (not to toot my own horn but this b*tch is polished!!!). Feel free to offer suggestions on how I can make it better.
Download it here at EmuMovies!
Thanks for your support!
In Xpadder Plugin 1.0.2, you can now specify profiles based on specific games, or even disable Xpadder altogether for games you don't need it for! Just click the "Specify Specific Game Settings" box and the list gets populated with all the games in your emulator's ROMs path (it also defaults to only listing your games based on your ROM filter in the emulator setup). Literally all you have to do is check the box (and the subfolder box if your ROMs aren't in the top level), select the game from the list, add the profiles, and save it.
The way it works now is the plugin looks for a "GAME" profile, then for a "DEFAULT" profile for each item (So Game_1, If no Game_1 Then Profile_1, If No Profile_1 Then Game_2, If No Game_2 Then Profile_2... You get the idea).
I also added a "clear" button to delete profiles you no longer wish to use. Don't know how to make it any easier for ya than that.. I want to add in an XML parser for MAME so I can display humanly readable game names in the drop-down list, but other than that small thing I consider this project to be finished (my goals are met, my cab runs Xpadder flawlessly).
I really hope you dig this plugin as much as I enjoy making them!!!
- Fixed a bug with emu names that start with numbers
- Re-wrote the launch process to speed it up some
- Possibly a bug or two I forgot about
- Added all emulators to the list as opposed to the ones only enabled in GameEx
- Stopped the XML writer from writing empty nodes for unused profiles in game mode and emulator mode
- Changed a few things for the Info box on the bottom:
- Unknown emulator names (or emus that the configs weren't imported for when you initially set them up) are now populated using GameEx's internal emulator name
- Disabled emulators now appear in red text
- Saving a disabled emulator provides a popup reminding you to enable it
- Fixed a minor XML writing bug in Game Mode.
- Added GameEx logging.
- A couple really minor performance tweaks to the gamelist box, including an alphabetical sort for the list.
- Added "Game Mode" options
- Added "CLEAR" buttons to delete entries from the XML
- Added a new "INFO" section and a clickable GameEx logo
- Various other tweaks and fixes to the program and XML system
- Whoops! Forgot to add MAME and DAPHNE. My bad!
- Take note that MAME uses RawInput instead of DirectInput now, so unless you use your own compile of MAME you can't use Xpadder with it. It's beyond my control.
- Initial Release
Click here to download this file