File Name: Wing Commander Saga 1.0
File Submitter: Circo
File Submitted: 22 Mar 2012
File Updated: 11 Apr 2012
File Category: Games
Release Date: 03/22/2012
O/S: Windows, Macintosh
You need to register to download this file. Registration takes seconds and is 100% free.
Pilots, man your planes!
Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn concludes a forty-year galactic struggle between the Terran Confederation and the Kilrathi Empire, an imperialistic, xenophobic alien race.
- Dogfight against several dozen types of enemy fighters, bombers, and capital ships
- Participate in a diverse range of missions ranging from routine patrols to major fleet operations.
- Immerse yourself in the Wing Commander universe that has been a staple in science fiction since 1990
- Take the fight to the Kilrathi homeworlds and conclude the Galactic War once and for all
The flagship campaign of Wing Commander Saga, "The Darkest Dawn" * begins right before Wing Commander 3 and concludes with the ending of the Terran-Kilrathi War (whether or not the Terrans win depends on you).
It has been six months since the Battle of Earth, and inspite of new fighters, carriers, and technology joining the Fleet, the war effort is not going well. Everyday, more news of fresh defeats and losses make their way around the Confederation Forward Fleet, who have to face the possibility that they will not be the ultimate victors.
You are based on the TCS Hermes, one of the handful of large carriers left on the front line. You play the role of Second Lieutenant David Markham, a pilot recently transferred to the Hermes.
Markham is no different from the other young idealistic rookies who are determined to make a name for themselves. Already having your metal tested and your outlook hardened by your time on the Wellington, you still dream of flying heroic strike missions deep into the heart of the Kilrathi Empire, finally bringing this decades long conflict to an end.
But all hopes and dreams are squashed by the burden of reality. In every system, the Confederation forces are badly outnumbered and outgunned. For every Kilrathi fighter and warship destroyed, 10 others takes their place. Comms from HQ order the abandonment of civilian colonies which the Confederation no longer has any strength to defend. The retreat is downward spiral leading to the final stand at Earth. It won't be very long till Markham experiences what the true nature War really is ...
- Epic Storyline that complements, not contradict, the events portrayed by the Wing Commander 3 game and novel.
- Presence of other Confederation carrier battle groups and fighter squadrons gives large-scale “teamwork” environment – the Hermes does not fight the war alone
- Over nine hours of voice dialogue.
- Approximately 70 cut scenes for a total of about 90 minutes of pre-rendered footage (not counting in-flight communications and command briefings).
- Over 60 voice actors, some of whom are actual professionals.
- 221 voice acting roles.
- 55 missions.
- Achievements (mission performance is evaluated and rewarded)
- 90 models created for Saga.
- Download size of 3-4GB with an installation size of 8-9 GB
The Wing Commander Saga utilizes an enhanced version of the Freespace 2 engine. The game is stand-alone and does not require Freespace 2 to work.
- Windows® XP
- 1 GHz processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 128 MB 100% DirectX 9.0 compatible card
- Windows® XP-compatible sound card
- Windows® compatible mouse and keyboard
- 6 GB free HD space
- Windows® Vista/7
- 2 GHz processor
- 4 GB RAM
- 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce or ATI Radeon Shader 3.0 compatible card
- Thrustmaster Afterburner or a similar input device
- Mac OS X 10.5 or better
- PowerPC G4 1.2 GHz or faster, or Intel based Mac
- 2 GB of memory
- ATI Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce with 128 MB video RAM
- 6GB free HD space
- Keyboard and Mouse
- 4 GB of memory
- Video card with 512 MB for all effects enabled and detail levels set at maximum
Click here to download this file