(View All Videos) Toggle Video System

Photo

POLL: Which Front-End is your favorite

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite Front-End (FE's that support video snaps) (1529 member(s) have cast votes)

Which is your favorite front-end?

1. Voted GameEx (191 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

2. Voted HyperSpin (1080 votes [70.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.68%

3. Voted MaLa (69 votes [4.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.52%

4. Voted MameWah (16 votes [1.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.05%

5. MultiFE (1 votes [0.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.07%

6. MameXT (5 votes [0.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.33%

7. Voted Maximus Arcade (136 votes [8.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.90%

8. Voted AtomicFE (7 votes [0.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.46%

9. 3D Arcade (10 votes [0.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.65%

10. EmuControlCenter (4 votes [0.26%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.26%

11. Rom Collection Browser (XBMC) (5 votes [0.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.33%

12. GameBrowser II (mediabrowser) (3 votes [0.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.20%

13. mGalaxy (1 votes [0.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 garwil

garwil
  • Lifetime Member
  • 33 posts

Posted Dec 05 2009 - 04:47 PM

I actually bought Maximus Arcade but found that the forums were empty and no further development seemed to be taking place so I stopped using it. It's a shame because it had so much potential. I kinda want my money back lol!

I love Hyperspin for it's awesome community and continued development, not to mention all the amazing artwork.
Unofficial Controls.dat Updates: http://forum.arcadec...p?topic=98241.0

#42 Jason Orme

Jason Orme
  • Lifetime Member
  • 1 posts

Posted Dec 06 2009 - 12:43 AM

I too purchased Maximus Arcade, while it does the job and looks great with all the themes and videos... I do think Hyperspin looks impressive, but the time it will take to download all the themes etc make me just stick with Maximus.

#43 aralph67

aralph67
  • Basic Member
  • 1 posts

Posted Dec 14 2009 - 03:36 AM

From the moment I opened HyperSpin, it was love at first sight. Easy to use, the kids love it and the wife loves it, what more can I say.

#44 Secret80'sMan

Secret80'sMan
  • Lifetime Member
  • 2 posts

Posted Dec 21 2009 - 02:55 PM

HyperSpin looks amazing and enhances the gaming experience. The themes look way better than stuff I've seen for other FE's. Can't wait for the next release which should take things to the next level too!

#45 Dervacumen

Dervacumen
  • Supporting Member
  • 2 posts

Posted Dec 21 2009 - 03:25 PM

Over the past few years I've moved from Mame32 --> Mamewah --> Mala --> GameEx --> Hyperspin, which I'm installing for the first time in a new cabinet for a 6 year old. Hyperspin is the easiest to set up IMO and the artwork options really make it pop.

#46 Ptaz

Ptaz
  • Lifetime Member
  • 1 posts

Posted Dec 29 2009 - 06:51 AM

Hyperspin is the best Front End Hands Down!
  • HoFL likes this

#47 headkaze

headkaze
  • Developer
  • 25 posts

Posted Dec 29 2009 - 11:11 AM

GameEx.. and me, Brian and Tempest are in the process of updating the setup system so that setting it up will be even easier.

I would like to setup Hyperspin on my cab as an alternative as I think it would be a better FE for younger people as they tend to get lost in GameEx a bit. That being said the XMas party this year went without a hitch and kids absolutley loved playing games using GameEx. The simple menu in HS and graphics are great and probably better suited.. I would like to set it up with a good bunch of solid games (most popular). And I did notice that there is a lack of a "children" category for games.. really would have helped alot as searching out the best games seemed to be a bit of a show stopper. I wonder if HS can do game categories as that would be a great feature. Now my only problem with HS is finding a torrent with all the themes and all that together in a single package. Seems the full package only gets posted as a usenet binary.

Also I have to say the GameEx and HS communities are great and run by really cool people. Also think loadman's doing a great job with MaLa (and I love that MaLa logo for some reason hehe :D)

#48 Guest_MarkyMark_*

Guest_MarkyMark_*

Posted Dec 29 2009 - 12:26 PM

I'm a big fan of Maximus Arcade, personally.

#49 X69ander

X69ander
  • Lifetime Member
  • 15 posts

Posted Dec 30 2009 - 02:25 AM

building with Maximus, but only because hyperspin doesnt support Dreamcast yet...otherwise Hyperspin looks damn sexy

#50 Dave P

Dave P
  • Lifetime Member
  • 19 posts

Posted Dec 30 2009 - 02:43 AM

What do you mean? Hyperspin works fine with Dreamcast, been using it with it for a long time now.

#51 Jochitko

Jochitko
  • Content Contributor
  • 152 posts

Posted Dec 30 2009 - 01:53 PM

Yep, hyperspin syppoerts dreamcast perfectly :D It's even setup and coded right into the original install.exe . DC shouldnt be a problem on any frontend though cause it supports commandline (nullDC). Emulators that require mounting images are harder to set up (these work with HS too)

#52 X69ander

X69ander
  • Lifetime Member
  • 15 posts

Posted Dec 31 2009 - 01:15 AM

REALLY! Thats awsome! I will need to go back to hyperspin again and get DC working.... I dont remember why i thought it wasnt working.... Thanks for bring that to my attention

#53 Buliwfy

Buliwfy
  • Lifetime Member
  • 38 posts

Posted Dec 31 2009 - 08:33 PM

Headkaze, if you become a gold member over at HyperSpin, you will have access to the ftp. From there you can get the complete mame theme sets. Not only that but access to a variety of other themes that you can download a lot faster then from the main site. As far as making a category for games just for children that can be done as well through HyperSpin. Really excited with the progress BBB is making with HyperSpin and can't wait to get my hands on the new release. If people have questions about emulators not working in HyperSpin you really should register over at HyperSpin and just ask and use the search feature. We have a great community over there and are always willing to help and point you in the right direction.

#54 Sh17happens

Sh17happens
  • Lifetime Member
  • 7 posts

Posted Jan 14 2010 - 01:48 AM

Maximus Arcade is the one I use atm but in looking around the forums @ MA I see that the scene is dead so am looking at moving towards Hyper Spin

Damm and i just shelled MA and all thats gunna be a pain moving 50+ gb to drives and reinstall then back again (Unless someone has a hint on how to unshell XP)

#55 Daicon-X

Daicon-X
  • Supporting Member
  • 1 posts

Posted Jan 25 2010 - 07:45 PM

Hyperspin! :)

#56 Circo

Circo
  • Administrator
  • 5,073 posts

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 01:40 AM

Mala has to have more than 5 users lol, they were in maximum pc! Anyways anymore votes out there, the way this is going I am going to have to discontinue avi support... Just Kidding, congrats to HyperSpin for dominating, if you use or perfer anoth front end ya better get you vote in and be heard.

#57 Bigby

Bigby
  • Content Contributor
  • 100 posts

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 05:01 AM

How about this frontend:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:P

#58 Circo

Circo
  • Administrator
  • 5,073 posts

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 06:40 AM

How about this frontend:

:P

That looks pretty cool, what is it?

#59 Bigby

Bigby
  • Content Contributor
  • 100 posts

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 04:47 PM

If you have an Xbox (the first one) you can run emulators to play games from Atari 2600 to the Playstation (1). This includes NES, SNES, Genesis, Amiga, Intellivision aswell as arcade games using mame (and others).

A quote about it:

"1. All the videos, artwork, in-depth game info, manuals, configs, rumbles to pimp your box in the most plug'n play experience available for any emulated system on any platform in history.
2. Everything organized and tested to work right when you FTP it over to your Box!

We're OCD, so you don't have to be. (But you're more than welcome to make your own mark on the project!!!)

The end goal is 500 GB of pure XBox eye-candy and extra features that will hopefully one day be ported beyond the Box. (Roms not included, of course).

This is just the next step. It is built upon the shoulders of giants who have spent many years collecting this stuff. 4 years of my own life has gone into this project, and i'm happy to present it to the public and welcome anyone who would like to help us push the limits of the Box.

Using our datfiles, you can rename any roms you legally possess so they will match up with all of the Xtras, using XPORT emulators and enhanced by the forthcoming Madmab Edition upgrades."

This will all be released in march, with updates after that.

#60 WallyWonka

WallyWonka
  • Content Contributor
  • 10 posts

Posted Feb 10 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hyperspin is overrated. All of my roms are goodname or tosec. Hyperspin seems to only recognize no intro romsets. I am sure there is an option to create your own database, but I couldn't find it in Hyperspin. GameEx is really solid, and damn near perfect. I also have Maximus Arcade which I really like, but as a previous poster stated very little work is being done with that right now.

No mention of any non-directX frontends, like QuickPlay which I use often. QuickPlay hasnt been updated in years though. LusSpace is another one which had really great potential. These frontends don't have the impressive eye candy like HS, GameEX or MA but they get the job done.

For now, my picks are GameEx, then MA until I find out how to import custom rom datafiles in HS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq