Welcome to our forums!

Join us now to get access to all our awesome features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more.

Submitter

SUPPORT TOPIC File Information

• Submitted: Aug 25 2010 01:08 AM
  • Last Updated: Jul 16 2014 06:07 PM
  • File Size: 3.89MB
  • Views: 200310
  • Downloads: 43,629
  • Release Date: 07/16/2014
  • O/S: Win32
  • Credits: tspeirs

Download EmuMovies DSU 2.1

* * * * - 82 Votes

Screenshots
What is this new download service?
The EmuMovies Download Service Utility completely automates the installation and use of all of our artwork packs and media in the front end of your choice. This means that instead of spending months of downloading, sorting and renaming it will now only take minutes per system (plus download time). The download service utility only downloads the content to match your roms and renames the content automatically to whatever romset you have so it just works!

Feature List
  • Support for over 100 different systems
  • Notifies you upon startup if any sets you have previously downloaded have been updated
  • Allows you to only view those sets so you can easily update your artwork and video packs
  • Downloads artwork to match your roms (only what you need to save space)
  • Automatic renaming (requires no user input, artwork and videos will match your roms)
  • Ability to individually download sets or all at once
  • Tied into the EmuMovies member system (access is immediate)
  • Limited mode for basic Members (All artwork packs supported, 250MB/day limit)
  • Video Snap downloads for Supporting Members
  • On the fly conversion to AVI for front ends that only support AVI format.
  • Plus more!
Notes:
  • Your login is your site login for EmuMovies.com (not your ftp login)
Compatability:
  • Minimum OS Requirement Win XP SP3 (Vista or Later Recommended)

What's New in Version 2.1 (See full changelog)

• 2.10: Adds SSL security and fasters download speeds.
  • 2.00: Adds support for GameEx database videos.
  • 1.99: Fixes files being lowercase.
  • 1.97: Minor fix.
  • 1.95: Fixes and performance improvements.
  • 1.9: More performance improvements.
  • 1.8: Fixes and performance improvements.
  • 1.7: Fixes search timeout issue.
  • 1.6: Now downloads two files at once.
  • 1.5: This version drastically increases the speed of searching for and matching artwork.
  • 1.10: This is a required update due to updates to the API because of multiple clients/front ends now being active. Older versions will cease to function soon,
  • 1.00: Now includes support for system intro videos. Application now long out of Beta and now at version 1.
  • 0.92: Now features automatic on the fly conversion to AVI video format.
  • 0.93: Give better status information when AVI conversions are remaining.
  • 0.94: Ensures same file only downloaded once.
  • 0.95/6/7: Bug fixes.
  • 0.98: Checks online to see if newer versions are available.

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots Screenshots

just an idea, but I have to keep renaming these downloads so i can keep track of which beta it is...anyway to have be something like "Download Service Utility0.6.exe" ? thanks..not a big deal
I try to download the Commodore 64 snaps and videos but after a while it pops up a msg window of Download Service Utility "Search Error: First pass validation error". I have tried many times but it keeps appear this msg at the same point (2761/2951). Any help ?
    • miamisurf likes this

I try to download the Commodore 64 snaps and videos but after a while it pops up a msg window of Download Service Utility "Search Error: First pass validation error". I have tried many times but it keeps appear this msg at the same point (2761/2951). Any help ?

Please post this in the beta testing thread.
I love "DSU" it is such a great time saver. It's great not having to FatMatch anything and when adding just a few new roms to a system, it makes things very painless to update your artwork. And to get all artwork in a single click is just AMAZING!!!

Great work to Circo and all that developed this Outstanding tool!!! DSU is the single most Best utility I have ever had the pleasure of using. Thank You So Much :)

Suggestions:
------------------
One feature I'd like to see is something where the user can customize what the "All Artwork" will download. So "All Artwork" will also get you the Manuals, Music and Videos (of a specified quality & format). Of course Videos have High Quality and Low Quality so if you choose HQ and they are not available DSU will instead choose the Lower Quality Automatically instead.

Alternatively the user could set "All Artwork" to just download Snaps, Covers and Music etc... and leave everything else alone, as opposed to choosing specific sets individually.

An "Update All Systems" feature would be kinda cool too. Just add checkboxes for all the systems you have in your collection and DSU will get content on all your systems in just one click. Of course, I can see this option being avoided as it might put a little too much strain on the EmuMovies Server.

Lastly a "Read Me" file would be good as there are a few features that one may not fully understand.

IE: "Check for Updated Files" does this search for updated files in the users rom collection or the EmuMovies database? Does it use the "have.txt" or "missing.txt" files or are those Text files just for personal use?

These are not complaints just suggestions for this next to perfect utility. 5 Stars Baby!!!! Love it! Thanks again :)

janX
i ame so glad to try this when i get home yeah man
This service really takes this project to a whole other level, thanks guys!
    • Humes, eocaranza and wigge like this
its not letting me log in no matter what i do. i try my user name and even have my password reset and it still says login failed.

its not letting me log in no matter what i do. i try my user name and even have my password reset and it still says login failed.

Please submit a support ticket
I've been really enjoying this program so far, and I intend to purchase a subscription soon. Great work!
Having just found this project along with Hyperspin I was wondering how I would get all the media onto my roms. Couldn't believe it when I seen this and read the description. The way this whole thing has come together is unbelievable. Excellent work.

I haven't tried it for videos yet as I will be hammering my bandwidth this week due to golden torrent week on UGG :yahoo:
But so far it's blazing through my ZIPPED Goodrom sets. So painless it's truly amazing.

As I type this I realise I still haven't become a paid subscriber yet. I will sort that out right now as you guys deserve the support. Kings among men :praising:

Other files you may be interested in ..

6 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Computer Services - Raleigh, NC