View other files from this member
SUPPORT TOPIC File Information
- Submitted: Apr 29 2012 06:04 AM
- Last Updated: Jul 19 2012 03:07 PM
- File Size: 11.35MB
- Views: 1153
- Downloads: 94
- Release Date: 04/29/2012
- O/S: Windows XP or later, .NET Framework 4.0 required.
- Credits: Adultery [at] hfc [dash] essentials [dot] com
- Website: http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/10961-release-map-file-maker/page__view__findpost__p__84783
Download Map File Maker 1.0.32 Votes
As the name says, it's a program for creating and editing MAP files. Some of the features include:
- Quickly and easily grab your files and make working (and attractive) MAP lists for your games.
- Parses lots of files really quickly!
- Options to remove bracketed text, replace patterns, left and right crop, capitalize titles.
- File naming options for the most frequently used DAT naming conventions!
Naming conventions include:
- Good Name
- Enable colorization in the right-click menu (This feature is disabled by default)
- Import your own region colorization themes
- Easily create your own colorization schemes in Notepad using an included XML as a template!
- Share your themes for others to download and add to their own setups!
- Stay ahead with the latest program version!
- Enable or disable automatic update checking in the right click menu (This feature is disabled by default)
- Includes an option to check now for updates for users who would rather not use automatic updating.
- Easily add and remove rows to your MAP file.
- Hide and show columns that you want to see. Your selection is saved for next time too!
- Clear columns with a single click!
Basically the XML has each naming convention's regions in it. All you need to do is give your "theme" a name and add your HTML color codes for each region. There's a spot for specifying a default background color for the cell also. You can do as many or as few as you want, depending on what you need. For example: If you only use No-Intro DATs, your XML might only contain No-Intro region info. A sample of the XML looks something like this:
<mfm_color_scheme> <style name="ADVANsCEne Only"> <advanscene> <australia>CC99AA</australia> <china>CC9977</china> <europe>66FF44</europe> <france>66FF22</france> <germany>FFFF55</germany> <italy>6688CC</italy> <japan>FFBB77</japan> <korea>FFDDBB</korea> <netherlands>00FFFF</netherlands> <spain>CCFF00</spain> <usa>33CCEE</usa> <unknown>FFFFFF</unknown> <background>000000</background> </advanscene> </style> </mfm_color_Scheme><mfm_color_scheme></mfm_color_scheme> are the XML document root tags.
<style name="ADVANsCEne Only"> is the theme name that is displayed in the program's combobox.
<advanscene></advanscene> are the tags that determine the naming style.
<australia>CC99AA</australia> represents the region and the HTML color code to use.
They're not case sensitive.
Any questions or comments? Feel free to ask 'em. I also like feature requests.
Major props to Tempest for his Map File Magician, which was the inspiration for this simple program. If you're looking for something that's thick with great features, I highly recommend it.
Tom @ GameEx for a great front end. If you're reading any of this, how bout some flag code blocks? The code's already in there waiting!
Circo @ EmuMovies for hosting all my apps and having the best collection of artwork anywhere. The awesomeness of EmuMovies can't be over-stated!
What's New in Version 1.0.3 (See full changelog)
- Fixed a bug that stopped the map list from being generated (No Name)
- Improvements to directory parsing
Other files you may be interested in ..
Jun 18 2013 02:06 AM
May 31 2013 06:05 AM
May 31 2013 05:05 AM
Apr 30 2013 07:04 PM
Apr 30 2013 06:04 PM
Apr 30 2013 03:04 PM
Mar 29 2013 06:03 AM
Mar 29 2013 05:03 AM
- 786 Total Files
- 370 Total Categories
- 51 Total Authors
- 1,191,972 Total Downloads
- DOS Video Snaps [240p] Latest File
- codefenix Latest Submitter
14 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)
2 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users